Monday, October 6, 2008

Pumpkins and Scarecrows

Pumpkins and scarecrows are popping up all over Commercial Street. Fall is here. It’s the time to shop as most retail stores have discounted their goods considerably.


This past weekend was Leather Mates in Provincetown. There were lots of leather and chains on Commercial Street. Friday night was the slave auction at The Crown and Anchor. I lasted ten minutes and had to leave. It just wasn’t my scene. In fact, most of the events of weekend were of no interest to me. That particular subculture has never been a draw for me. I had tried it back in the spring and it didn’t stick.
This week, I’d like to provide a link to my friend Monica’s blog. She rode across country solo on her motorcycle from Manhattan to California. I think this is pretty awesome and courageous. Click here to read about it.

We dined at The Mews this past week. The usually impeccable service was thrown off a bit by one of our meals being a little less than perfect... read about it in this week’s "Table for Three."


I’ll write more next week. Columbus Day Weekend is coming, Women’s Week and I’m going to Nantucket for a couple days for a fall weekend. Email me if you’d like to add anything mike.dubour@verizon.net ... Play it safe and have a good week.

No comments: