Monday, October 13, 2008

An Amazing Gay Wedding, and More

I’m writing this after attending an amazing gay wedding. I feel high with the good time that this event was. My friends Phillip and Scott were married at The Provincetown Inn. Phillip is Jewish and Scott a Christian… the wedding was an amazing mix of both religions…more Christian, however. 

The weather was absolutely beautiful as they exchanged vows with Provincetown Harbor and skyline as a backdrop. I thought that maybe someday I will be married. Then I laughed…not sure I believe in that institution at this point in my life. Gay marriage is now legal in MA, CT and CA. It will be a matter of time before gay marriage is just not an issue. With the economy in shambles, a depressing war taxing our nerve and AIDS making a comeback…the fact that two people want to exchange vows and commit to each other legally, is not so important. At least it shouldn’t be.

Anyhow, the wedding was quite traditional and the setting was marvelous. The Tiffany Room at the inn was the perfect place for the reception. There was the Christian blessing, they were married under their own chuppa, we all yelled mazel tov after the grooms smashed the glass, the meal blessing, the first dance, the hora dance, we carried one groom on a chair while dancing (the other groom didn’t want to be carried), the cutting of the cake… it was by all means the way life is supposed to be. A huge mix of about 200 friends and relatives were there. Phillip and Scott are truly blessed. Good luck guys.

Now about Provincetown. The large Navy barracks boat that was here for the past five years, was towed away last week. It is gone. The empty space was sadly noticeable until I realized that it really was an eyesore. Cabral Wharf looks great now.

It's Women’s Week and there are many shows happening. Lots of talent in town and the weather is unbelievable and the streets are crowded. My dear friends Barb, Marguerite, Laurie, Elaine, Rich, Mark and Bill dined at Fanizzi’s Saturday night. We had a great time and Tanya provided excellent service. We were at dinner for three hours!

Well I’m off to Nantucket for my weekend with my friends Tony and John. I know you want to see more pictures and I’ll provide some of the trip next week.

Thanks for your emails and for reading. Have a good week and play it safe. Send me an email… I love them mike.dubour@verizon.net.

No comments: