Monday, November 3, 2008

Trick or treat indeed!

It is Sunday night and I’m wrapping up an incredibly fun weekend here in Provincetown.

Halloween fell on a Friday so the town was full of Boston and New York guys…I even ran into a few from Philly.

The town was unbelievably packed and Commercial Street held crowds as if it were summer. Friday night was a parade of costumes up and down Commercial Street…the paparazzi were out snapping photos.

Paramount, A-House, Vixen and even the BoatSlip were open with Halloween bashes. Provincetown was the place to be this weekend.

A group of us ate dinner Saturday night at Jimmie’s Hideaway…Barb (Babs), Marguerite, John, Mark, Bill, Rich and Paul… it was pretty good… then we went to see Poor Superman at The Art House…one of hopefully many off season performances that will be there. The house was full, acting superb and storyline pretty powerful. My friends Anne, Spencer and Scott were the main characters.

Earlier in the week, John and I viewed an Italian movie “Seven Beauties” at PAAM (Provincetown Art Association and Museum). Great movie from the 1970’s…The era is World War II and the setting is a concentration camp. It really sets perspective. Try and watch it if you can find this movie.

Tonight, I saw “Religulous” with John at The Art House Theatre. I must say it’s quite the thought provoking flick.

My short film Pump; Terror on the Bike Trail will be screened next week as part of Outer 2K8, The OUTer Gay and Lesbian Science Fiction and Fantasy Film Festival in Austin, Texas. You can have your very own private screening right here. Click on the links below to check out the festival and to watch the movie on Youtube. It’s very short.

Pump: Terror on the bike trail, Click here.

Outerfest, Click here.

Remember to come to Provincetown in the last few weeks of the fall. It is absolutely beautiful. Also, it’s not too early to start planning for New Years Eve! It is quite the bash here! I think I’ll stay put this year after being away from home for two New Years Eve’s in a row. Last year, I ventured to Atlanta and the year before to The Hamptons.

Next week is “Meet Your Mate’s Weekend.” All you single guys can come out for some fun and just maybe you’ll meet the man of your dreams…or men.

Ok.. that’s it this week. Play it safe and feel free to shoot me an email at mike.dubour@verizon.net.

I’ll be on vacation for the next two weeks. Next Monday my webmaster, Paul, will post a link for you to watch video scenes I shot of Autumn in Provincetown. Check it out, you’ll wish you were here. See ya.

No comments: