Monday, February 11, 2008

Pia the Italian Greyhound interviews Brad, a true Provincetownie

Pia: How long have you lived in Provincetown?

Brad: 4 Years Year-round, summers since 1999

Pia: What made you first want to work out here during the summer?

Brad: I was back home in Michigan after finishing cooking school, but before starting my undergrad. I wanted out of Michigan and needed to make money for school. A friend had worked in Ptown the prior summer and suggested to

Pia: Why did you decide to go year round?

Brad: Like they say, once you leave Ptown it will keep pulling you back in

Pia: What do you do now for work?

Brad: Bookkeeping, cooking, retail, Whatever odd jobs to make it through the winter.

Pia: How do you keep busy during the winter?

Brad: I’m lucky I still have work in the winter. Otherwise, I watch more movies, cook more and arts and crafts (I’m learning how to knit).

Pia: Not to sound like a job interview, but where do you see yourself in a few years?

Brad: I’m not sure. I keep thinking I’ll leave town but like I said earlier, town has a way of pulling you back in.

Pia: Will you sneak me some food from the fridge?

Brad: No, I think you get spoiled enough as it is.

No comments: