The Fourth of July is here! This week I provide a list of events for you to choose from in Provincetown for the festive weekend. In addition, I’ve included all events in June and July including The Portuguese Festival which starts today.
FOURTH OF JULY
The parade starts down Commercial Street around noon. You can get a pretty good view from almost anywhere along the parade route.
Fireworks start over the bay at dusk. The display is pretty good for our little seaside town so I hope you can make it.
The Art House Theatre
- Varla Jean Merman and the Mushroomheads, Tuesday thru Friday at 8PM.. a special Varla film festival starts at 7:30 PM
- Miss Richfield is Tuesday through Sunday at 10PM
- Blanche Survives Katrina… Thursday-Sunday 8:30 PM
- Suzanne Whang… Wednesday through Sunday 7PM, no show on the 4th.
The UU Meetinghouse
- Hedda Lettuce with Eat Me at 10PM all weekend long
- Mimi Gonzalez starts July 5th at 8:30 PM
The Crown and Anchor
- Kate Clinton Thursday through Saturday at 7PM
- Illusions Drag Spectacular is all weekend at 7:30 pm
- Dina Martina is whacked all weekend at 9PM
- Thirsty Burlington performs all weekend at 10:30 PM
- Independence Day Dance Friday and Saturday at 9PM
- On Tuesday, catch Ryan Landry’s Willie Wanker and the Hershey Highway.
- Special extended Tea Dance from 4-11PM on Saturday. This is also a great spot to watch the fireworks.
The Post Office Cabaret
- Jackie Beat
- Naked Boys Singing
The Vixen and AHOUSE
- Dancing all weekend
David Flower’s features Summer Camp
- Pier Dance Saturday from 3-8PM
- Hangar Party at the airport Sunday from 8PM-1AM
- Sunset cruise Monday 5-9PM
Remember to check your ferry or flight times and reserve your ticket if you haven’t yet. Allow for heavy traffic if you are driving here. For more information check mikedubour.com. Other events for the remainder of June and July include:
June 25-28th The Portuguese Festival and Blessing of the Fleet. This includes dancing, singing and food. There is also a parade!
The Art House
- Two Boys in a Bed on a Cold Winter’s Night, weekends in June
- ANT June 26-28th
- Jen Kober June 29-30th
July 11th there will be an auction to raise money to help renovate the library
July 11-18 is Bear Week
July 12th is the secret garden tour
June 20th its the 10K Dog Run Dog owner and pooch run
July 22-26 is Girl Splash
Please come to Provincetown and enjoy yourselves. Summer is fleeting. Email me at Michael.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.